Fundamentals of Grant Development
Oct 18 2013
This webinar will detail the world of federal and foundation funding today. The two major components that are universal to all who wish to be funded are the grant seeking and grant writing models. The grant design will also be a large component of our discussion.
We will answer the following:
- Where is the money?
- What is the grant seeking model?
- What is the grant writing model?
- How can you design your grant proposal in one page?
- How can your grant reach the top of the competition?
Time2:00 PM to 4:00 PM (Eastern Time)
InstructorDr. Mathilda Harris
Dr. Mathilda Harris
Dr. Mathilda (Tillie) Harris holds a doctorate from George Washington University (Washington, D.C.), a Master of Arts degree from the University of Portland (Portland, Oregon) and a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California (Berkeley, California).
During the past twenty years she has written grants, conducted capital campaigns, developed strategic plans on grant procurement and assisted individuals and institutions nationally and internationally to successfully write and receive funding from federal, corporate, private, foundation and multi-lateral donors.
She has conducted national and international workshops on grant planning, writing, development and procurement at such universities as Columbia University (New York), University of California (Berkeley), University of North Carolina, Carnegie Mellon University, University of London, the University of New South Wales (Australia), the University of Ottawa and various other Canadian, European, South American and Asian universities and non-profit organizations.
She has served as a reader and evaluator of grant competitions for the U.S. Department of Education, the Fund for the Improvement of Post-Secondary Education, The National Science Foundation and the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
|2:00 pm -||2:05 pm||Introduction, Overview of Class Materials|
|2:05 pm -||2:25 pm||Where is the Money, The Grant Seeking & Grant Writing Model|
|2:25 pm -||2:40 pm||Foundation and Federal Grant Search|
|2:40 pm -||2:55 pm||Establishing a Relationship with Donors, Letters of Inquiry|
|2:55 pm -||3:15 pm||Basic Proposal Elements: Abstract, Needs Statement, Examples|
|3:15 pm -||3:35 pm||Basic Proposal Elements: Plan of Operation, Examples|
|3:35 pm -||3:50 pm||Basic Proposal Elements:Evaluation, Personnel, Budgets|
|3:50 pm -||4:00 pm||Resubmission, Summary, Q&A|
Preparing for the Workshop
What You Will Need
- REQUIRED: Computer/Tablet - PC, Mac, iOS, Android, or Windows Mobile (mobile devices may require free appstore download)
- REQUIRED: Internet connection - This is a live webinar
- REQUIRED: Headset, headphones, or speakers - Access to a microphone or headset allows verbal questions, otherwise questions may be asked through chat box
Click on your question below to see the answer. If this page does not answer your question, feel free to contact us.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Attendee Cancellation: If you are unable to attend the workshop, you must notify Grant Training Center at least five (5) business days prior to the start of the workshop to receive a full refund. If you fail to notify Grant Training Center at least five (5) business days before the start of the workshop, you will not be eligible for a refund but will receive a credit toward a future workshop offered by Grant Training Center.
- Grant Training Center Cancellation: All workshops are subject to rescheduling and cancellation in Grant Training Center’s sole and absolute discretion. In no event shall Grant Training Center be responsible for travel arrangements or other costs related to or arising from workshop attendance or Grant Training Center’s rescheduling or cancellation of the workshop. In the event of such a cancellation, Grant Training Center will use its best efforts to promptly notify enrollees, and endeavors to provide notification at least two weeks prior to the scheduled beginning of the workshop. If you have already paid for the cancelled workshop, you will be eligible for a refund of the enrollment fee.