Fundamentals of Grant Development
Oct 18 2013
This webinar will detail the world of federal and foundation funding today. The two major components that are universal to all who wish to be funded are the grant seeking and grant writing models. The grant design will also be a large component of our discussion.
We will answer the following:
- Where is the money?
- What is the grant seeking model?
- What is the grant writing model?
- How can you design your grant proposal in one page?
- How can your grant reach the top of the competition?
Time2:00 PM to 4:00 PM (Eastern Time)
InstructorDr. Mathilda Harris
Dr. Mathilda Harris
Dr. Mathilda (Tillie) Harris holds a doctorate from George Washington University (Washington, D.C.), a Master of Arts degree from the University of Portland (Portland, Oregon) and a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of California (Berkeley, California).
During the past twenty years she has written grants, conducted capital campaigns, developed strategic plans on grant procurement and assisted individuals and institutions nationally and internationally to successfully write and receive funding from federal, corporate, private, foundation and multi-lateral donors.
She has conducted national and international workshops on grant planning, writing, development and procurement at such universities as Columbia University (New York), University of California (Berkeley), University of North Carolina, Carnegie Mellon University, University of London, the University of New South Wales (Australia), the University of Ottawa and various other Canadian, European, South American and Asian universities and non-profit organizations.
She has served as a reader and evaluator of grant competitions for the U.S. Department of Education, the Fund for the Improvement of Post-Secondary Education, The National Science Foundation and the U.S. Department of State's Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
|2:00 pm -||2:05 pm||Introduction, Overview of Class Materials|
|2:05 pm -||2:25 pm||Where is the Money, The Grant Seeking & Grant Writing Model|
|2:25 pm -||2:40 pm||Foundation and Federal Grant Search|
|2:40 pm -||2:55 pm||Establishing a Relationship with Donors, Letters of Inquiry|
|2:55 pm -||3:15 pm||Basic Proposal Elements: Abstract, Needs Statement, Examples|
|3:15 pm -||3:35 pm||Basic Proposal Elements: Plan of Operation, Examples|
|3:35 pm -||3:50 pm||Basic Proposal Elements:Evaluation, Personnel, Budgets|
|3:50 pm -||4:00 pm||Resubmission, Summary, Q&A|
Preparing for the Workshop
What You Will Need
- REQUIRED: Computer/Tablet - PC, Mac, iOS, Android, or Windows Mobile (mobile devices may require free appstore download)
- REQUIRED: Internet connection - This is a live webinar
- REQUIRED: Headset, headphones, or speakers - Access to a microphone or headset allows verbal questions, otherwise questions may be asked through chat box
Click on your question below to see the answer. If this page does not answer your question, feel free to contact us.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- If you are unable to attend the workshop and wish to receive a full refund, we must be notified five (5) business days prior to the start of the workshop.
- If you cancel one to four (1-4) business days prior to the start of the workshop, or the day of the workshop, no refund will be given. Instead, you will receive a credit for a future course.
- With regard to rare and unforeseen circumstances, the Grant Training Center reserves the right to reschedule or cancel a workshop. If such an event occurs, we will notify participants via email and phone at least 2 weeks before the start of the workshop. Participants who have paid, but are unable to attend a rescheduled workshop will receive either a refund or a credit toward a workshop at a later date.