Essentials of Grant Management
This comprehensive webinar will cover all aspects of the grant post-award phase, which consists of implementation, reporting of progress, completing the closeout requirements, compliance throughout all phases of the grant cycle, and audits. Changes of scope, budget adjustments, principal investigator changes and others will be discussed.
Our curriculum targets:
- Grant writers looking to gain an understanding of grant management and collaborative techniques
- Grant administrators seeking to build or expand a knowledge base of award management and best practices
You will learn how to:
- Assure compliance to protect your organization
- Organize requirements and tasks for effective management
- Establish roles and responsibilities of all key and non-key personnel
- Assure timely reporting and closeout responsibilities
- Align your post-award activities with the donor's requirements
- Address key aspects of budget management to assure compliance
- Build excellent relationships with the donor to facilitate future funding
Dr. Virginia Champion
Dr. Virginia Champion has direct expertise in grant proposal development, project implementation, effective management of funded projects, and program evaluation. She has served on various federal peer review panels for the U.S. Department of Education. Dr. Champion has also successfully managed grants that target the achievement of at-risk student populations.
Dr. Champion received a Doctorate in Educational Leadership from the University of Texas Pan American. Her dissertation research study, The Role and Scope of Resource Development for the Advancement of Educational Enterprises, was a rigorous study involving five institutions with grant development operations.
She is a skilled trainer and professional coach for administrators and educators of all levels.
|10:00 am||Introductions and overview of the webinar and materials|
|10:15 am||Understanding the application requirements|
|10:45 am||Setting up the pieces of the grant process|
|11:30 am||Monitoring the pieces|
|12:15 pm||Evaluation of the pieces|
|2:00 pm||Reporting phases|
|2:30 pm||Closeout of the proposal|
|3:15 pm||The audit process and compliance|
|3:45 pm||Overview of the day and Q&A|
What You Will Need
- REQUIRED: Computer/Tablet - PC, Mac, iOS, Android, or Windows Mobile (mobile devices may require free appstore download)
- REQUIRED: Internet connection - This is a live webinar
- REQUIRED: Headset, headphones, or speakers - Access to a microphone or headset allows verbal questions, otherwise questions may be asked through chat box
Click on your question below to see the answer. If this page does not answer your question, feel free to contact us.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
Grant Training Center (GTC) has the sole and absolute discretion to reschedule and cancel all workshops. In the event of such a cancellation, GTC will attempt to notify attendees two weeks prior to the scheduled workshop. If a participant has paid for the cancelled workshop and is unable to attend the rescheduled session, he/she will receive either a refund or a credit toward a future workshop. If we do not hear from the attendee within 30 days, they will not be able to receive a refund.
In no event shall GTC be responsible for travel arrangements or other costs related to or arising from workshop attendance or GTC’s rescheduling or cancellation of the workshop. Participants should contact GTC prior to making travel arrangements to ensure the workshop is taking place.
If you are unable to attend the workshop and wish to receive a full refund, GTC must be notified at least seven (7) business days prior to the start of the workshop.
If you cancel less than seven business days prior to the start of the workshop, no refund will be given. Instead, you will receive credit for a future workshop, which is valid for one (1) year. No refunds will be allowed for any future workshops once credit is issued.
Force Majeure: If a workshop is canceled due to reasons of Act of God or nature, war, riot, strike, or labor dispute, the cancellation policy will not apply and the fee will transfer to the rescheduled workshop. If participants cannot attend the rescheduled date, the registration fee can be utilized for any Grant Training Center workshop of the same cost during a period of exactly one (1) year from the date of the original workshop.
Individual Membership Cancellation: Once an individual membership has been paid and processed, members will have three (3) days to cancel for a full refund. After the three (3) day period, no refunds will be issued.